Tuesday 15 April 2014

Illuminators & Highlighters!

I've recently been getting into illuminators and highlights, my favorite makeup look has to be golden glowy dewy makeup! I think illuminators and highlighters are so gorgeous with a tan and with summer on its way I'm a sucker for golden dewy skin! So I thought I would share with you my thoughts on some of the highlighters I own! I will leave links as to where you can purchase these from! If you like the more of matte effect to your finished makeup look, these products certainly aren't for you! 








Illuminators 
1) MAC Strobe Cream. This is sooooo good! It's my favourite product to use as a base, especially for special occasions or if I'm going out. Not something I would wear on a daily basis. Gives such a highlighted effect to the skin, your skin feels so soft and once you've applied your foundation you have that glowy dewy effect but without looking too shiney! It's hydrating and such a good makeup base. What I also love is a little goes along way! I also like to apply it on my lower neck/chest when I am wearing fake tan just to continue with the sun kissed dewy look! I think some people do use this as a moisturiser aswell however I tend to moisture my face then apply MAC strobe cream so can't comment on what it works like as a moisturiser on its own. Oh and it smells sooooo good! This is £23.50 so it is kinda pricey but I do think its worth it! You can purchase from your local MAC store or at http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/178/364/Products/Skincare/Moisturisers/Strobe-Cream/index.tmpl

2) Revlon PhotoReady SkinLights. Ive only used this a couple of times. I purchased after watching a YouTube tutorial and thought I would try it! I believe there is 3 different shades, I purchased the shade 100 bare light. This again like the Mac Strobe Cream leaves your skin feeling soft and it's really lightweight so isn't heavy on the skin. It does have a slight shimmer effect too it but nothing too much just a very natural glow. Once you have applied foundation it gives your skin a really nice healthy dewy look! You could also mix this with your moisturiser when your having a 'No makeup Makeup' day to give you that fresh faced glow! I really do like it and will continue to use! This is £11.99 so alot cheaper then the MAC one, so maybe if your new illuminators this would be a good one to try! You can purchase from your local Boots or Superdrug stores or online at http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Face/Primers/Revlon-PhotoReady-Skinlights-Face-Illuminator.aspx

3) Loreal Lumi Magique base. This was the first liquid illuminiser I purchased after watching Shaaanxo on YouTube use it in all her makeup tutorials. I wanted to give it a try as I had never owned this kind of product. It's the same sort of consistency as MAC Strobe cream but not as thick. Leaves your skin feeling fresh and youthful looking. I found it was a good base for makeup. However I only used it a few times and then when I used the pump to apply it to my skin it came out really watery and much thinner then it previously was. I couldn't apply it to my face cause it was just too runny. I shuck it up and left it stood for a few days to see if it made a difference but it didn't, I checked the website for reviews and a few people had the same problem. Maybe there was a faulty batch. So after my experience I wouldn't recommend this one, but like I say for the first few times I used it it was nice! It's £9.99 and again you can purchase from Boots or Superdrug stores or online http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/cosmetics/primer/lumi-magique-pure-light-primer.aspx





Powder highlighters! 

1) MAC Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. Everyone and their mothers owns this! So I jumped on the band wagon cause I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. And I've used it every day since! Haha so yes I do love it!  I apply this with a small tapered brush just above my cheek bones and it gives such a glowy highlight effect perfect for everyday when you just want a suttle glow! It's just like the no1 highlighter! It looks abit shimmery in the pan but doesn't come off shimmery at all. Must have product. However it's MAC, so you know it's going to be abit pricey.. £22.00. But to be honest I think all MAC products are worth paying that bit more for as they are amazing! You can purchase from your local MAC store or http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/159/782/Products/Face/Powder/Mineralize-Skinfinish/index.tmpl

2) MUA Undress Your Skin shimmer highlighter. Wow, for the price you cannot fault this. £3!! I love MUA products there such cheap prices but it's such good quality! This is a lightweight baked powder. You can never apply too much of this product as when you apply it applies very lightly which is great so you can build up however much glow you prefer! It leaves a natural sheen and glow to your skin. It just looks so pretty in the pan! It is perfect for those on a budget who want to wear a soft highlight every day because like I said £3! Excellent for those who are just beginning with makeup or are new at trying out different products (like myself). You can buy this from Superdrug stores and also online at http://www.muastore.co.uk/face 

3) Accessorize Baked Bronzer Duo. This is classed as a bronzer and there are different shades, my shade is Bondi which is Shade 4. One half of this bronzer is light and the other half is dark. It's the lighter part I use to highlight. I bought this not hearing no reviews just simply because it looked gorgeous! It's got such a variety of different golden tones that runs through the powder. It gives your skin such a golden glow with a slight hint of shimmer which is going to be perfect for summer time! It's not the one I reach for every day cause MAC soft and gentle kinda took over my life but after getting it out to do this blog I'm defiantly going to be using it more often! I bought mine from Superdrug, I cannot find it on the Superdrug website but yeah I purchased from my local Superdrug! 




No comments:

Post a Comment